Sunday, May 1, 2011

Almost four months...

Hey Family and Friends,

How are you all doing? The mission is great. I don't have much time this week, but I just wanted to let you know that I'll probably be calling next P-day in the morning sometime, which means Sunday in the afternoon for you guys. But I may call on your Saturday. Sorry I can't be specific. We'll probably be able to talk for about an hour. It can go longer though -- it's just not supposed to pull my thoughts away from the work.

This weekend was Spirit packed. It was mean. One of our investigators, Marie, reluctantly dropped us earlier in the week. We had become really good friends, talking with her about lots of stuff, but something happened this week that had really been hard on her. She told us she was moving back home (about four hours away) because of some trials she was going through. I bore testimony of the truth of the Book of Mormon and she started crying, but she told us there was nothing we could help her with, so we left, me feeling helpless. We felt prompted to go back on Saturday and tell her of the power of the Atonement to heal the innocent as well as those who have sinned. I honestly can't remember what we said because we weren't the ones speaking -- the Spirit was -- but she began to cry and so did I. Being led by the Spirit, we told her that what she needed was God more in her life, and we testified of the Holy Ghost, telling her that she was feeling it at that very moment. We told her that if she came to church, she would find that peace that she was so desperately seeking. Through tears, she told us she would come to church. I knew at that moment, more than any other time in my life, that this gospel changes lives. It SAVES lives.

I don't know that this church is true in the same way that the Apostles do. I don't have that apostolic witness. But I DO have faith that Heavenly Father is there. I do believe that it's only through the gospel of Jesus Christ that complete happiness comes. And I have had the Holy Ghost confirm it. So I do know. I love that knowledge. I'm sorry for the people who don't have it.

I love you guys and look forward to talking to you soon. Thanks for everything you do. Keep up your strength in the gospel. We, as members, are not as valiant in the gospel as we should be. Take a step back and reevaluate things. Ask yourself, "What lack I yet?" And then act on it. Faith is a principle of action. Miracles follow.

See you in lots of months! Send me pictures!

Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment