Sunday, September 30, 2012

Elder Jensen to the Jensen Home


Family,
 
Anywhere there? Had a great week last week. It was daylight savings yesterday, so I believe you are now 20 hours behind rather than six hours. I got the package you sent, Mom, with all the Book of Mormons from the primary kids. Those are great! Solid testimonies, especially that one kid's, Bryan Jensen. Great handwriting, too. I really like those toffee chocolate powdered sugar almonds. How unhealthy can you get... but you know that doesn't phase me.
 
I actually don't really have too much time today, but I just wanted to say I love you and I am grateful for your emails and your prayers! It blows my mind a bit that it is October but it means that we don't have to wear our suitcoats until 5pm every day. It is truly a blessing. Sort of. I am reminded that you have Halloween there. That should be fun. We don't really celebrate it over here. It's pretty rare and I think more members do it than anyone else.
 
Oh, Mom, I got your letter as well. That was an answer to prayers! Some of the things you said were exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.
 
I was just on tradeoff all the time last week, and Elder Espino and I got to train all the sisters about resolving concerns with people living the commandments. We got to go to a district leader council where the district leaders and zone leaders in a zone get together and have a brief meeting with training. The zone leaders I get to trade off with are really amazing individuals. I wish you could meet them. They have a great ability to seek revelation to help the missionaries in their zones. When they trade off with us, they are always seeking how to do more and help more people to develop faith unto repentance and be baptized. Most of these elders have a great sensitivity to the promptings of the Spirit and tend to learn by the Spirit every time we see them. A returned missionary mentioned, at the beginning of my mission, that he had become best friends with the Spirit on his mission and I didn't really understand what he meant. I am starting to see it though, and it is amazing to watch the Spirit work within others to the blessing of those around them. I love this work and know that is led by the Saviour Himself! He trusts us to act and to follow His Spirit. When we do, we grow and watch others grow and flourish as well.
 
Thanks again.
 
Love you,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment