Sunday, July 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Elder Kaufusi!

Hi Family,

It was Elder Kaufusi's birthday on the 6th of July, last Friday. Everyone gave him cake! They were all chocolate. It was really nice. I love cake. The office couples bought us lunch and at the cafe we got to know the waitress, Fiona, from Vietnam. She taught us some Vietnamese. We plan to bring a Vietnamese Book of Mormon to her sometime today, bring a Chinese Book of Mormon to a lady at a local laundromat, and invite an older man who works at a music store near the chapel to have us over to teach. We're looking forward to all that.

The mission has been putting a much bigger focus on talking with everyone and listening with love while we're talking. It's interesting how quickly the natural man will put his own agenda ahead of others'. There is a great promise in Preach My Gospel that "if we listen with love, we won't need to wonder what to say. It will be given to us--by the Spirit and by our friends." I have definitely seen that this promise is true, and it applies for all walks of life as well--rock stars, drug lords, mothers, and rugby players (we've had several spiritual experiences with each of them). This is how you help others. You listen. People just warm right up when they know their thoughts and feelings are important you!

We had a bunch of trade-offs. Those were neat. Lots of miracles. I am always very impressed with the missionaries here. The bar keeps raising. Our group of zone leaders are so sharp. Not much slips by them. We also had Zone Leader Council on the Fourth of July. We sang the Star-Spangled Banner and had more cake and it was also the wedding anniversary of President and Sister Lekias! Happy anniversary! We had a guest from the missionary department, Brother Lusvardi, who gave some great training.

Dad, you asked if I would rather stay as an assistant to President or go back to the field in a different assignment. I wouldn't mind either way! They both have their benefits. Either way, I will love all that I learn. That's my favourite. There is nothing quite so profound as learning by the Holy Ghost and I understand how it works more each day (which really helps me see that I know nothing--genuinely a good feeling).

I am doing great! You sound like you are all doing well, too! Mission life just gets better and better. And you're all just living the pool/barbecue life. Bring some non-church-goers to swim with you! Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Jensen

P.S. I almost wrote "Love, Elders Kaufusi and Jensen." Haha. Ha....

No comments:

Post a Comment