Sunday, July 15, 2012

In the spirit of Thanksgiving

Dear Family,

I had an amazing opportunity a couple of weeks ago to go with a struggling missionary on an exchange, down in Rotorua, the stinky tourist hotspot of the mission. On this exchange, we watched as the Spirit touched the hearts of many of the souls we met on the street. One lady was so excited to get baptized (she accepted a date on the doorstep) and to come to church and have a lesson at a member's home the next day. The missionary I went with is now doing great! The Lord really knows his children and what they need to see and hear to begin to stretch to reach their potential. That missionary really learned by the Spirit that he needs to listen better to people! He realized how to make others' feelings important to him and he's really running now. He's also helping his companion quite a bit, who has been a very quiet individual for a while now. I love the change!

This last week we had a lot of trade-offs again. My favourite thing that I'm learning right now is how to learn by the Spirit and how to help others recognize the Spirit so that they can learn as well. It is a very fulfilling work and you see the results in their faces. It makes me very grateful. I have learned SO much from Elder Kaufusi about many Christlike attributes, teaching skills, organization, and how to develop them all. He is a powerful disciple of Jesus Christ. You will get to meet him someday and you'll see what I mean. You can't not love him.

We just had our first day of transfer planning today, to start off the week. Next week is transfers. It will be a massive shift, which is always fun. There are 25 missionaries coming in and 18 going out! It is amazing how the Spirit guides where missionaries are supposed to be and who they are supposed to be with. One very interesting thing is that a missionary or member or nonmember is never, ever placed in a position that they cannot handle. You'll never be set up for failure. In fact, the opposite is true. Every situation in which we find ourselves in this life sets us up for growth and progression. I love the talk that Whit sent me a couple of weeks ago, called Trust in the Lord. Perfect timing at this time in my mission! Thank you, Whit. In this talk, Elder Scott mentions how whenever we are faced with adversity, we can always ask ourselves two types of questions: one type opposes the will of God, i.e. What did I do to deserve this? Why me? etc.; the other type helps us discover what we are to learn, how we are to grow, and whom we are to help. This has changed my mission and my life! The Saviour will always teach you if you listen and if you let Him.

I love all of you and am grateful especially for your prayers!

Love,
Elder Jensen

P.S. Thanks Mom, for your daschund letter. That was massive! And thanks Lily and Isabel, for those awesome pictures and letters. That was one of the greatest letters I ever received! Seriously! I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment