Sunday, July 29, 2012

Weekly Report

Dear Family,

Another day come and gone in the wind chill of adversity, a week bathed in the warming sunlight of joy, sickness and health, hate and love. President Monson is so good at talking in analogies. It really helps you to understand what he is talking about. Look for it next time you are reading or listening to one of his talks. He is a good prophet.

Last week was one of the greatest growing experiences on my mission, I reckon. I'll have you know that "reckon" is not the same here as it is for the Texans. It's a nice word. Elder Espino and I had a great new group of missionaries to drive around all week. You would think that we would really have to take care of them, but the missionaries now-a-days are coming into the field ever prepared. 25 missionaries just came in. Loved it.

We had the opportunity to train the ward yesterday (big ward, nearly everyone was there) on missionary work. Elder Hamula, Area President, was there, along with one of his counselors, Elder Pearson. We got to train the area presidency! We loved it though. Really enjoyable experience. I think more of the ward members see the potential they have to save souls. You know, if you know anyone, it is really easy to have them over for something (dinner, FHE, etc) and then have the missionaries over at the same time! The blessings are infinitely worth the slight discomfort. There is nothing better than watching someone you know and care about progress in the gospel. Nothing is better.

Well, I don't think I covered much in this letter, but it was a great week. I learned so much, especially from my mistakes, and I can testify that this work is in God's hands. As Elder Kaufusi always used to say, you can't mess up so bad that it can't be fixed. That is true. Somehow the Lord got everyone where they needed to be in the transfers. It was then a blessing that in the riot and thick of it, Heavenly Father answered my prayers and blessed me with the words I needed to share with the hundred missionaries gathered for transfers. The Savior will hold us up--He will sustain us--when we give it our all and pray with our heart, might, mind, and strength. Somehow we wonder how it will all work out, but it will. It most definitely will, if we exercise faith in the Lord and put our trust in Him. Life is never too hard. If you think it is, stop looking down so much and look upward (to heaven) and outward (to serve others). I know the Lord will bless each of you as you strive to live the gospel.

Love you so much family and friends,
Elder Jensen

P.S. Chandler Brown is getting married! My trainer! Congratulations, Brother Brown. Love you heaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment