Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday

Dear Family,

Wow! Sounds like heaps of things are happening in good ol' Utah. I think I just caught a glimpse of all the changes that are occurring. The whole country is learning of the Church, and I am sure that many hearts will be touched. The best thing you can do is exactly what man of a brother is doing! Sharing the gospel with all those who are willing to listen. I will definitely pray for Mitch. I know that the Lord provides a way and whenever someone has true desire to follow the Savior, through our asking, seeking, and knocking, Heavenly father makes it possible for them to find it. Keep it up, Jake. I am so excited for the whole world to hear the gospel. Every day I see huge miracles and I can't deny that there is method to this mayhem. Heavenly Father knows the best time to bring His gospel to the world in full force. It's happening and it will not be stopped. Please keep updating me with what happens regarding a member of the church running for president.

Dad, you asked for an update on the guy I talked about last time -- Reuben. First of all, I think he's Maori, but i can't remember. He's not white, I know that much. And he got baptized on Saturday! He'll be an asset to the church. Another guy, Phil, that Elder White and I did the teaching for was baptized on Saturday, as well as Jodenne and Deken. We didn't actually see Phil get baptized because we passed him on to another ward in the zone, but it is done and we got to see him yesterday by a Hand intervening and leading him and Jodenne to the house of another lady who came to church for the first time yesterday. Then Phil came to a couple of homes with us and bore his testimony. He was so excited and is one very converted man. We have another young woman being baptized this weekend. Her name is Erana. She's doing great! She is making it through a lot of antimormon stuff. That may be one side-effect of Mitt Romney running for president by the way. Heaps of antimormon materials floating around here. No good. But the work goes on.

There are just so many things happening, it's amazing. I love serving in the NZAM with all of these wonderful elders and sisters. I love you guys too and I wish you a great week. Do what is right, let the consequence follow. I know the Savior lives and breathes and smiles upon our righteousness. Really. Think about that for a second and what Joseph Smith has said of the brightness that illuminates from the Savior. He is a light to every aching heart and is the only thing that will heal us from the pains of this life. Other things might dull the pain, but keep in mind how blessed you are to have the HEALING power of the Atonement. Please share it. The Spirit will reinforce your words and your actions as you "pause to help and lift another," because that is what this life is about. I love you guys and I pray for you. Thanks for everything.

Love,
Elder Jensen

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!
P.P.S. You thought I forgot... HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!
P.S.S. It's not that I wish a happier birthday to Mom, Megan (she's just older...).



No comments:

Post a Comment