Friday, January 6, 2012

Back to the Flagship

Sorry guys! Totally forgot to post this last Sunday!

Dear People,

Elder Jensen here. Guess what, I got transferred. I don't seem to stay in the same area for very long. I have been shifted back to Manurewa. That's where I was district leader before, but now I'm in the zone leader area. It's a pretty big change from Tauranga, since it's double the amount of missionaries to watch over. There are 28 missionaries in the zone. I'm loving it already. Heaps of miracles. They call this zone the flagship because it leads the mission and is the biggest zone. Definitely excited to be here.

Happy New Year! We had a fun new year's eve with many people drunk to the days. Sad. Fortunately we're saving souls. We're teaching a girl named Erina who is progressing nicely. She's set for the 21st but we're hoping to baptize her this weekend. She's ready -- she just doesn't know she's ready. But the Spirit will teach her!

My new companion, Elder White, is the man. He is humble and powerful. He teaches with clarity and definitely helps people to repent. I've learned a lot from him already. Three days ago we had a conference call with the zone and issued a commitment for each companionship to set the amount of people that they want to baptize in January. We had a great response with new sets being called in daily. Elder White and I knew we needed to pave the way, so on Saturday we invited 16 people to be baptized (with dates). Many accepted and just need to get to church now, but it was a powerful reminder that the only thing stopping us from saving souls (and this includes callings in the church and family life) is ourselves! As we follow the example of Book of Mormon prophets and work with unwearyingness to bring people to Christ, the Lord promises, "I will bless thee forever." What a promise!

I know that this is the Lord's work and that life is about preparing to meet Him. We can't afford to let bad thoughts occupy our minds. We need to stay focused on what's most important. 2012 is a good time to start! I love the Saviour and I can't express how grateful I am for him. He is the inspiration behind everything I do. He knows me, He knows when I'm doing my best, and He knows when I'm not.

Love you always! Work hard in this new year and I'll see you someday!

Love,
Elder Zach Jensen

P.S. Time is going too fast I think. Can someone please do something about this and get back to me?


No comments:

Post a Comment