Sunday, October 16, 2011

Taurua!

Dear someone,

Hi. It's Elder Jensen again. Last week was a mean week. Lots of good stuff. Chakira Watts and Jayden Rawiri were baptized yesterday. I confirmed Jayden. It was great. Today we had this miracle lesson with this young couple who are supposed to get married this weekend, followed by the man's baptism. They have been fighting heaps and wanted to call off the wedding, so we went over to do some good ol' missionary marriage counseling! Of course the answer is Christ! Like always. It all started this morning when the woman called us at 5:00 am, then 5:30, then 6:04. By the third phone call, we were aware that someone was trying to make contact with us, so I was able to make it out of the room and answer the phone. She said that they had just gotten in a big fight and that the marriage was probably off. Flip. So we told her to read and pray, then went back to sleep for 20 minutes. That morning we prepared a good lesson for them about marriage and stuff, then had a powerhouse lesson! The Spirit smashed them and we got everything resolved. They will be getting married and the man getting baptized this Saturday at 10 am (the woman is a member). The gospel is the ultimate relationship fixer.

I love you guys. You're so good to me. There are heaps of other people who I could tell you about but I don't have too much time. I watch over a lot more missionaries now, so my weeks have been very preoccupied with how to help them. I've come to a very real understanding that life is about others. If you want to be happy in life, you need to figure out how to serve. Serve your butts off. Seriously, whenever I think about myself, I get depressed in no time, but when I rely on Heavenly Father and use my time to improve the lives of others, I am so much happier. Like with the lesson today -- I would easily give up P-days to have lessons like that every hour of the day! Thanks everyone for all your prayers and caring about me. I couldn't do this without you. This is true.

This is God's church. Really.

Regards,
Elder Jensen

P.S. JK that's so lame. "Regards..." See ya! Ofa atu!

No comments:

Post a Comment