Sunday, October 23, 2011

I confess

Dear Family,

Yep, haha, I was called as a zone leader a couple of weeks ago. It wasn't that I cared if you knew; I just thought it would be funny to wait till you got the letter. It's a whole new experience. All missionaries in the mission have weekly planning on Friday mornings, where you plan for all of your investigators and evaluate each other and your teaching and relationship and stuff... blah blah blah. But now I don't have time for any of that because we have to plan for each of the missionaries in the zone and the districts and how we can improve things and reach our goals for the month, etc. It's really fun! The best. My companion is also a zone leader, unlike the district leader calling where you're all alone. It makes it a little more enjoyable, working together and trying to find ways to better the zone.

There are 14 missionaries in the Taurua zone, including myself and Elder Walker. Two districts with three companionships each. It's actually a smaller zone and in the past hasn't had heaps of success. Recently though, it's been on fire! I'm sure there will be many miracles to sure in the near future.

I should probably tell you a little about the week, eh? On Friday, we were preaching by the way and we saw a big group of people sitting in a garage. We went to talk to them and then out of nowhere someone brings a plate of food up to Elder Walker, followed by two chairs and my plate of food! We tried to deny it, but they didn't really listen. Partially, I think, because half of them spoke very little English -- they're from Nepal. I call them Nepalesians, but I don't know if that's right. Anyway, it was mean because they had these ring-lookin' things that were like donuts, called roti... maybe. Those were pretty good. But the potato dish was spicy as! It burned my tongue off. Really. It's not funny. I've been in the hospital for the past three days because of all the surgery to try to save my tongue. I'm typing this e-mail from my bed in room 105C. Someone is trying to pull the plug! --^---^------^-------------^------------------^------------------------------------------------------

            ---------------------------------------------                                         ... .- --       .... . .-.. .-.. ---


I'm typing the rest of this from the Spirit World. It's nice here. The prison foods is classy as.

We taught four guys from Punjab (that's in India) last night. We taught them some of the Plan of Salvation, they offered us tea, we said we don't drink it, they were confounded, we told them why, one of them said, "teach us more about Jesus!" and we said next time. It was really fun. It's not very often that we get to teach people without a Christian background. The Spirit was strong as we testified of Christ.

Two more people were baptized this week! Thomas and Roylene were married and Thomas was baptized right afterwards. I was a witness for marriage! I signed the papers and everything. We got them some cheap rings to use for the ceremony too. Haha. It was precious. Thomas is the man and they have both been really fulfilling to teach. This 12-year-old girl was the other one baptized. Her name is Braxton. She's off the walls and not shy at all. She's funny.

We helped paint a fence this morning. Now I have paint on me. It was nice. And sunny! I was roasting to a tender crisp. Mmm...

I love this work. I know it's the Lord's and He is there for us. I know my Father lives. This is where happiness is (John 13:17). Love you guys. Have a good week. Stay out of trouble.

Yours truly, unless your name is Elder Eric Pande,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment