Sunday, April 3, 2011

Baptism #2

America,

I had my second baptism on Saturday. I did the actual baptism again. This time it wasn't as personal however, since she was just a nine-year-old girl and she couldn't decide who she wanted to baptize her, so she picked my name out of a hat. Haha. I have my suspicions that she likes me the best and didn't want to offend anyone else, so she just told us that she pulled it out of a hat.... Speaking of people liking me, so many people here hate us! It's discouraging sometimes. Then I reflect on the Atonement and how I'm doing His work, so it's all good. Like the other day, I went up to some lady after hving this prompting that I should talk to her and said hello and asked her how she was -- being very personable and smiling and stuff -- and she exploded!

Her - "I can't believe you would just stop someone on the street like this!"
Me - "We don't have to stop -- I'll walk with you if you want."
Her - "No! No, I don't want that! How dare you?! You are so rude!"
Me (now trying to suppress laughter) - "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you; we just have this message --"
Her - "I don't want to hear it! You are so rude! This is my private time! How dare you?!"
Me (chuckling) - "Alright then, you have a good day. Ha."
Her (now getting as far away as possible, stopping and turning around in response to my small laugh) - "HOW DARE YOU?! YOU ARE SO RUDE!!"

Apparently, seeking the eternal salvation and exaltation of others is very offensive.

Hey family, George might call you guys sometime. We're good friends. He's going to come hang out at our house when I get home. He's moving to Bountiful in August to live with a former mission comp who lives across from the temple. Maybe you can meet him. He's the one who wanted to be added as my friend on facebook. Would someone please add him? His facebook name is Siosi Mekuli. Siosi is George in Samoan. I think Samoan.

Also, if you guys ever decide you want to send me another loaded ipod, put lots of Disney music on it, please. We can listen to Disney music. But not all of it. "Kiss The Girl" is an example of one we shouldn't listen to. You might decide to do this for my birthday or Christmas or something, but just log that away. Thanks.

I was wondering if you could send me a record of my priesthood lineage back to Joseph Smith. Thanks.

Did you activate my debit card already or do I have to do that? Call the States? Seems expensive, and probably not allowed.

Mom, I can't find my other SD card. I checked the speakers pouch. I'm just going to buy another one and send the one I have probably next week.

Glad you enjoyed the letter. Thank you for the package! I very much enjoyed all the medicine. Oh and the other stuff...

Does anyone ever have any tips for eating healthier? Dad, maybe an sample of the P90X diet? Also, how would one fatso slim down his buttocks? I'm having a very hard time fitting into my pants... I might have to get them let out...

Oh, the girl we baptized is named Bwerere Toromon. She's way cool. And so talkative. We're in the middle of teaching the Word of Wisdom and she starts rambling about the Parent Trap... for like five minutes. It was ridiculous. Then while we were talking about tithing or something, out of the blue she says, "Elder Jensen, remember that time when you asked me what my favorite subject was and I said 'Room 12'? I thought you meant room, not subject. My favorite subject is math." That's nice Bwerere... Haha. Yeah, she's great.

And Hoby is going on his first date ever! With a YSA girl. Sweet huh?

Okay, well I love you guys and thanks for the letters and prayers. The church is true and is so flipping cool. Everyone tries to prove us wrong. No one can. Doesn't that tell you anything? Oh and we don't see General Conference until April 16th and 17th, so I'm jealous.

Yours Truly,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment