Sunday, March 13, 2011

Week After Transfers

Hello Everyone!

GOOD LUCK WITH CHEERLEADING TRYOUTS MEGAN!!! Three exclamation points. That's the best it gets. You should feel privileged.

Hello everyone. How are you? I am well, thank you. I was not transferred. I am still rockin the Claudelands area of the Glenview district of the Hamilton zone of the New Zealand Auckland Mission! However, my companion, Elder Brown, was transferred, and replaced by Elder Purdon, who apparently has followed Elder Brown into three areas now. He has also follow-up trained both of the greenies that Elder Brown trained. And Elder Brown's trainer was Elder Purdon's follow-up trainer. Therefore, my trainer's trainer was my follow-up trainer's follow-up trainer. Does it get cooler than that?

Yes! I have seen miracle after miracle after miracle here in Claudelands. We have one guy set for baptism who is so dang (the Aussies and Kiwis and Maoris would say damn -- it's not a swear word to them. Yeah, imagine hearing that for the first time in sacrament meeting...) excited. Nothing has impeded his progress. He dropped smoking, drinking, drugs, before we even taught the word of wisdom. Hold on, did I talk about this last week? I'll go check my past e-mails... Nope! But yeah, that was a miracle, to be followed by many others. They call NZAM a mission of miracles for good reason. Side note: the gifts of the Spirit are amazing. I hope you all ask for them. For righteous purposes of course.

Because I stayed in the area for this transfer, I have been doing the planning and decision making for my new comp and I. So I'm like the senior companion after just one transfer (but not really)! It's crazy. But I'm growing like mad because of it. I think He knows what He's doing. Transfers are definitely inspired.

There's this Sri Lankan family we've been teaching. The girl -- Nadiru -- is good at English so she would kind of translate for her dad, but she never really seemed too keen (interested). Then this last week, as we were talking about the Book of Mormon, out of the blue she says, "How do you even know Jesus is real?" Prayer! So we committed her to pray and read the BOM. Now she loves it and her family is receptive as, so hopefully we can set them for baptism soon.

Other than that... Oh, this praying mantis is on seeking revenge on Elder Purdon for the attack Elder Purdon made on him. The mantis has slowly been making his way up the leg of his desk and will soon launch the counteroffensive, I'm sure. The other day we lost him. He is planning a sneak attack. I don't think Elder Purdon is going to make it to the end of this transfer, but I'll keep you updated.

That's all I have this week. The Church really is true. The Book of Mormon really does change lives. And prayer works miracles, if done in faith, by the Spirit. I love you guys. Thanks for the support.

From NZ,
Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment