Monday, April 30, 2012

Transfer Week (A.K.A. Zombie Week)

Dear Family,

In a short time, I will be immersed into the week of all weeks (except
for zone conference week, which is in two weeks from now) with no time
for sleep, lots of time for scrutiny from fellow missionaries, and
some time for nice food -- TRANSFER WEEK. From picking up new
missionaries to letting go of the old ones to speaking at transfer
meeting to making huge changes with documents and such, this week is
killer, to speak casually. I love it though. I'm excited. I love
meeting the new missionaries. There could be a future general
authority in the midst of them. It will be great.

This morning we played basketball with President Lekias and Gary
Wilkinson, who plays for New Zealand's professional basketball team,
the Breakers. He is also a member of the ward in which I serve, not to
mention that he is also a convert with quite the story and played for
the Utah State team just a few years ago. It was great. They're all
better than me, but soon I'll beat them all. They won't know what hit
them. We got to play in the Breakers training facility. That was
pretty amazing. Good experience.

We started teaching this guy named Brother Low. He's an honest seeker
of the truth who knows he needs to make some changes, especially when
it comes to anger and judging others. He asked us to come by. He came
to church on Sunday and is doing well. He's from South Africa.

Some missionaries told us of a miracle they had down in my old area,
Manurewa. They were biking past the house of an investigator that my
companion and I had found when I was there. They had a prompting to
see if he was home, found that he was, came in on some serious family
problems, then boldly invited the husband to be baptized the next day
-- he was baptized on Saturday and the family is doing much better!
Miracles everywhere.

I love this work and the people and the missionaries. It is Jesus
Christ's work! Love you guys. Thanks for all you do.

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment