Sunday, February 26, 2012

Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Good morning!

I've got some news. I'm actually not with Elder White any more. Mid-transfer shift. I'm in North Shore now with two companions. The trio. Elder Ward and Elder Kaufusi. Elder Kaufusi was actually Elder White's companion before I came. I replaced him before and now I'm with him! Both Elder Ward and Elder Kaufusi were my zone leaders at at different points in my mission. They're great missionaries. Funny as. I've nearly died of laughter a few times this last week.

It's been a pretty exhausting week. Had to wake up early as several times to travel all over the place, which was great, but church was ridiculously hard to stay awake in, as were a few other meetings we had throughout the week. I'm a zombie.

I was transferred before the baptisms on Saturday that I told you about last week, but luckily I was able to make it back for them. Sister Kneebone, Willie, and Luke are baptized! What a blessing! The computer wants me to type "baptised" the way they spell it here. It was a great service though. They surpisedly (it's a word, trust me...) called me up to share some thoughts, seeing as I just left.

The mission just finished this month up with 88 souls saved in the month of February. One of the lowest baptizing months in a couple years. It's really painful to see the mission in such bad shape. We'll pick up, but the question right now is how? I really love this mission with all my heart and hope that things will turn around soon. It's interesting the things that you learn as you sit amongst fellow missionaries (we had zone conference last week). You can discern those that are really trying their best and have faith in the Lord. It's in their countenance. If you think you can get away with being dishonest and selfish, you're wrong! It just can't happen because you can literally feel and see the light that comes from a person who is making righteous decisions and serves the Lord with all their strength -- and the lack thereof from those who don't. Taking the time to make sure your desires are in the right place can greatly bless those around you. CHOOSE to have a good attitude. Others feel it!

Well, I love you guys, like always. I'm grateful to have such good examples. One thing that just inspires me is the willingness from each of you to make the best of what the Lord is challenging you with. Keep it up! Thanks for your letters, packages, and especially the prayers. It's a miracle that I haven't fallen apart yet. Divine intervention for sure. Much appreciated.

Elder Ward... writing a novel over here.... I will become a fast typist someday! Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Jensen

P.S. Repent and be baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment