Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Change...

Dear Family,

Wow, it is ridiculous how fast everything is changing. I honestly can't believe it. I think I got a glimpse of it as I read your emails today. Everyone is old as! You're all dinosaurs. I'm still the same age though.... The best thing to hear, though, is that you each seem to be using the most of your time. I love to hear of how everyone is growing in the gospel. I'm impressed and inspired! Keep up the good work. It makes me want to work harder so I can keep up with all of you.

My companion, Elder White, is the man. Just everyone knows. He is obedient to the days, he loves the work, and he doesn't waste time. He's really taught me about work ethic and how important it is to give our all to the Saviour. And he's funny as! We have good times every day. It's good to be with him. We've been blessed to have a few more souls going into the water this weekend. I'm excited for them! The Spirit does amazing things.

Oh, I want to let you know about a rule for missionaries. Dinner should last no more than one hour! Every second longer disqualifies them for the Spirit and saving more souls. This is worldwide, so if you have some questionable missionaries, please ask them to leave after their hour is up. Someday, they'll be grateful.

Miracles: Lots of them. Always. On Saturday, Elder White and I made a goal to talk to 100 people with a smile! It was mean. We were sprinting and having a grand ol' time. One member even even pulled over on the street and stopped me, asking if everything was alright -- I told him we were saving souls and had no time to waste! Next time I saw him he called me Marathon Man or something like that. We ended up having a great day and found a family of five who we are now teaching. After three visits Sunday morning before church from us and two members, two of the five ended up coming to church and are excited as for "the water thing" on the 10th of March. What do you reckon? Is this not a mighty miracle? We were so happy and we know that the Lord loves His children, but He waits to see if we will qualify to be a part of Jesus Christ's work. Remember Steve? I think I talked about him and how he was such a miracle and we set him for baptism and stuff like that? Well, Steve is bipolar. But that's alright because we talked to his son on the street on Saturday (the day of miracles) and arranged a ride to church. He came, he loved it, and he's going to be baptized this weekend! He is such a smart kid. He talks much more maturely than most adults around here and he's only 13. He's also my height. Crazy. Also, Willie is getting baptized; he is a massive miracle, but I'm running out of time because of some administrative stuff that we need to take care of, including taking yet another missionary to the airport.

Well, I love you guys and I'm very grateful for all your emails. I love hearing how each of you is doing. Please keep reading the Book of Mormon every day. I promise if you do that the Spirit will come into your life more strongly than ever before, you will receive direction on many of the decisions that you need to make, and you will be more prepared to meet Christ whenever He calls you back. Love you, bye!

Love,
Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment