Friday, January 21, 2011

2 down 102 to go

Dear Elders and Brothers and Sisters and Young and Old,
 
First thing first: P-days are ridiculously busy. All I do is write the whole day, mixed with a little laundry and temple. Anyways, thanks for all the letters everyone! I appreciate it very much. As you returned missionaries all know, letters are my lifeblood. Haha one of the funniest things is having one of your district members getting all riled up because you got five letters in a day and they got one. Of course, I don't enjoy that in the slightest. It's not my fault that I know sso many awesome people.
 
Non-spiritual topics first: Elder Hole and I were being sarcastic the other day about some ridiculous things. For example, we were discussing what an island is. Piece of land surrounded by water right? So then we were asking Elder Davis--the district leader and Elder Hole's comp--what North America is. He said continent. Boy was he wrong. We just couldn't understand how he reached that conclusion. We showed him how it's completely surrounded by water and therefore it must be an island. He was getting so upset haha. "Are you serious? Are you kidding me? North America is a continent!" You really had to have been there haha. Anyways, other non-spiritual stuff. Oh I'm no longer undefeated in basketball. I have 25 wins and 3 losses. I can dunk now! Syck huh? I've done it twice now. Not in game yet, but I've got a couple more chances before departure.
 
Speaking of departure, I leave for the big NZ on Monday the 24th. We take off for San Francisco then have a three hour layover, then we fly with Air New Zealand, leaving Monday night and arriving Wednesday morning around 6 o'clock their time. I will not experience a 25th of January, 2011. It's a sobering thought.... The world is a crazy place, what with its time travel and such. 
 
Spiritual: We taught this one mock investigator named Roseanne. We were teaching her as a district, so each companionship had about ten minutes. Everyone went into different rooms to pray about what should be taught and to beg our Heavenly Father for the Spirit and for guidance. I offered my companionship's prayer. It was seriously one of the most earnest prayers I've ever uttered. And God answered! Like He always does. He allowed all of us to teach powerfully with the Holy Ghost. He taught through us. My companion said afterwards that he couldn't even remember saying some of the stuff he did say, like the Spirit was speaking through him. Before we went to teach Roseanne, and after praying, all of us in the district met together to discuss what she needed. We had all received the answer of the Atonement, that that's what she needs to hear. It was incredible that we all received that same answer, but it does all come from the same God! Anyways, it was a great experience.
 
Haha I just looked at my timer and it said 1:39. Go to that in Moses! Great stuff! Gotta go. Love you all!
 
Love, Zach Jensen 
 

2 comments:

  1. Hey, is his mission address just the contact information on the side? Just double checking :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is! Sorry I took so long to get back to you!

    ReplyDelete