Friday, January 14, 2011

1 Week Down 103 To Go

Elder Jensen is doing great!! Here is a little bit from his email home...

Dear everyone,
First of all, I would like to tell you all that I'm alive. Today, Thursday, is my first P-day and the first day they've allowed us to write.  I really have no time. But that's the way of the MTC. No time for anything. 

So, the first day. The family dropped me off at the curb, the host elder  picked me up, and I was off. No wasted time. I immediately met my district and companion at our class, where I have spent more than half of my time. Then we went to a welcome meeting with all 409 new missionaries. Of course I was chosen to give the prayer. That was nervewracking. Then we had class and nasty MTC food. Trust me, it's gross. I've seen Heather a few times since I've been here. She seems to love it. And I'm growing to like it as well.
So like I said before, tthhere is not enough time in the flippin day! That's why we plan. I've gotten thhee  hang of things more since the first few super long days. Now I'm almost halfway out of this joint. Oh, my companion's name is Elder Keith Hibbard. We work well together. We've mock taught a lot of people and done grreeat. We went to an appointment with this one guy yesterday and asked how to know how much to teach and how to know what to teeach. He helped me figure out how vitally important the Spirit is in discerning the investigator's needs and showing them how important the gospel is their lives. At some moments in our many mock teachings, literally all I  cared about was giving these people the truth, the key to their happiness.
The gospel really does have everything you need in your life, and in everyone's lives. It's amazing the power that the scriptures hold, and how effective Preach My Gospel is. We were lucky enough on Tuesday night to hear Elder Holland speak about missionary work. It was amazing. I don't have time to really  talk about it, but one of the things that I loved was his story about a young missionary in the time of the "discussions" that had the sense to tell a woman who had lost her baby about Moroni 8. He told her where her child is. Because of that, she joined the chuch. That's why it's so important to listen to the Spirit while teaching. And I'm trying as hard as I can to do that.
Basketball is my sport here. I'm undefeated. Haha I'm sorry to stray from the spiritual topics. 13 games and I've never lost. I'm super close to being able to dunk it. I jumped so high one time that I almost kneed a guy in the face. Haha I love it.
There are some great guys in my district. Elder Hole always acts like he's shooting me and throwing grenades at me. We have an ongoing war. Elder Espino is Australian going to NZ.
Love, Elder Zach jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment