Sunday, September 4, 2011

Another week


Dear everyone,
 
Good morning. Or evening or whatever. I hope everyone is doing well. I'm doing alright. We had this miracle last week. I can't remember if I told you about this 17-year-old Maori girl named Ivory. We started teaching her over a month ago -- Elder Naicker and me -- and set her to be baptized the first lesson. Then Word of Wisdom issues got in the way. But at the beginning of last week, she texted us and told us she was done smoking because she wanted to do the right thing and be baptized that weekend. Then she was baptized on 3 September! It was amazing. She's a really happy girl, full of the Spirit.
 
The rest of the week was tough, as we have had some sets fall through or bring up big concerns. I honestly have no idea what to do for some of them, but we'll figure it out with the help of the Lord and the members.
 
The district that I watch over -- Manurewa District -- is doing amazing. Last night, two additional sets were reported, as well as over twenty new investigators for two companionships. I'm so blessed to be the district leader of such capable and humble missionaries. Haha the funny thing is that I don't really do anything. They just tell me about all these miracles and I just get really excited.
 
Elder Hoffman, my new companion, is doing great. He loves the work and we were able to witness many miracles the first week he came in. He's pumped and expects a lot from the Lord and himself. We've got some good goals to work with the wards more and save more souls.
 
Last night I left the keys in the flat so we had to break in. Haha. It's okay though, since people broke into it a couple of months ago -- I had the way prepared for me.
 
I love this work, but it's so hard. So often I just want to give up. That would be so much easier. But I guess that's exactly what we're teaching our investigators and the less-actives and the recent converts -- life is about enduring in faith and optimism. Haha, wow, I just got an email from my dear brother right as I typed that last sentence and he quoted Alfred: "Endure." The Lord's kingdom is one of second and third witnesses, so to those that feel like life is too tough, follow the admonition of Paul: we hope to be able to endure all things. Thanks for that, Jake.
 
The work will not be stopped. Love you guys heaps. More and more every day. I am so thankful for all your prayers. Please keep them coming!
 
Love,
Elder Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment