Sunday, July 17, 2011

New Stuff. Heaps of it.

Hey!
 
So quite a lot has happened since last week. It's pretty exciting and I'm doing a lot better in terms of back and sickness. Mother, if my back was bad, you know I would have told you more about it. A physio is like a doctor's clinic -- sort of -- and she basically just massaged my back, gave me exercises to do, occasionally did acupuncture, and once did this other thing that I have some pictures of (which I should send today, given I have time). Cool though, huh? Acupuncture. Sweet as. Oh, and I just pulled a muscle or something playing basketball. And about being sick, I did take the antibiotics, and it worked well (unless time just healed it... which is what I'm pretty sure happened... medicine... psh).
 
I got transferred! Already! On Thursday. Elder Cunniffe and I were saying how it would be funny if I moved across the road to this other area in another zone called Chapel Downs/Clover Park. But we were thinking that's unlikely because he had already been in Tangaroa for four and a half months, so he'd probably be the one to be transferred. Tuesday night, talking to President Lekias about interviews for some investigators, and at the end of the call he says, "One more thing Elder Jensen." Uh oh... (just kidding, I'm a good boy!) "We are calling you to be a district leader in the Manurewa District" (across the road haha). So now I'm a district leader. It's so time-consuming. I have no time to write in my journal, barely have time to eat, and my prayers now include four other elders AND their investigators. It's awesome though! I love it. It's giving me a greater appreciation for leaders in the church and mission and for Christlike attributes. I have also been double-shifted with Elder Naicker into this new area with two wards (double-shift is where both missionaries are new to the area, so neither knows it already). So the latter half of this week has been a huge challenge and such a blessing! I have already felt inadequate, which has caused me to rely more on the Lord. Life is good right now! I love this work and these missionaries and these people of New Zealand.
 
Because my three investigators were being baptized across the road in Tangaroa, I got permission to go to the baptisms. John and Neashia got married right before, then John and Moe got baptized! It was awesome, even though I didn't actually get to see them go in the water (too many people). Unfortunately, Neashia didn't get baptized because her mom decided to go psycho, telling her essentially, "you were born a Catholic, you're going to die a Catholic." It was one of the saddest things I have ever seen. So I took Elder Naicker with me into a side room and asked if I could pray for her. Awesome Fijian Indian that he is, he said of course (he's already my favorite companion). I prayed for Neashia and for understanding. All I can tell you is that the power of God is real. He comforted me beyond what any person could have done. He did help me understand and the calming influence of the Spirit overwhelmed me. He's there. He listens. HE ANSWERS. Of this I testify, my wonderful friends and family.
 
Elder Naicker and I are excited nearly out of our minds to work in this area. This is his first time in the city (been out nine months -- first comp to be out less than a year and a half...) and he likes it a lot. We have already been privileged to invite two souls to be baptized and look forward to inviting more. We came into the area with one already set for this Friday (22 July). His name is Willy and he is keen as. He has a powerful testimony and I'm so blessed to be able to witness his marriage and baptism and help him with his final preparations for baptism. I love him already. We also have a guy named Pui set for the 30th of July. He will take some work, but he has a testimony of priesthood blessings and the reality of this work. One more guy Steven, set for the 13th of August, is awesome and keen to be baptized. I love them all!
 
The gospel is amazing and saves and changes lives. I'm so grateful to be His servant. I love you guys and thank you Lee and Heather for the inspiration! Bye!
 
Love, Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment